April 23, 2014

A-Z Challenge 20: A touch of Tourette

My wife believes I have Tourette’s syndrome. Not much, just a slight touch of it, but enough to be noticed. Here are the symptoms I have, again according to my spouse:

I have tics, not much anymore, just some eye blinking, shrugging my right shoulder, bending and stretching my right arm. I know I do it, and I can suppress it, if I want, but then it comes back ten times more as soon as I am by myself.

The doctors never suggested Tourette's when I was a kid and had serious tics. They blamed the tics on the bike crash I had when I was five years old. Now, it doesn’t bother me at all, with one exception: I’m getting big dentist bills because my teeth are worn out from teeth grinding.

I’m swearing too much, in particular when I'm talking with the boys. Who cares, nobody's taking any harm from a little swearing. And I have no problems keeping my mouth shut if I’m in a church. I just swear more once I get out.  (Yes, I do visit churches from time to time; to see the architecture and the art.)

I’m sometimes saying crazy things. I guess my blog is a good example. I better do it here than in a dinner party, where I may happen to offend some poor sensitive God-fearing soul.

Anyway, I’m very happy with my syndrome, and I don’t bother to visit a doctor to get a diagnosis. (The doctor doesn’t bother me, so why should I bother her?)

I think Tourette's is a very nice syndrome, actually. It’s not nice if you got it really badly, but just a little, that’s fine.  And whenever I say or do something crazy, I just say:

“Oh, what the Hell, it’s just my fucking Tourette again.” >J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails