April 24, 2014

A-Z Challenge 21: Utopia

Some time ago, I was cleaning out my desk and shelves in our office up north. In a magazine box, I found an old note book, between math notes and calculations. The note book contained some poems and short stories and memoirs that I wrote between 1987 and 1990.

Nice surprise. I thought that book was lost and gone long time ago.

It was fun to read. I was astonished by some of the stuff I wrote. Maybe I will post some of the high-lights (if any) on my blog. I just need to get it typed and translated to English.

Here's one of the poems, which is easy to translate, since it's free form. According to my note book, it was written on the night-train from the south in April 1987:

Utopia
Those
who can write
write, and
those who cannot write
print books and
make jellymen and
grow tea and
tobacco
for those who write.
By the way,
I have quit
today

What the Hell does it mean? I'm not sure, but maybe I tried to quit the tobacco. If so; it failed. I'm still using it. I don't smoke, but I use this black stinking stuff that you put under the lip; snus (kind of moist snuff) >:)

(I struggled a little bit finding a good U-topic, and I'm a little bit short of time right now. Therefore, I had to re-post some old stuff. Sorry about that. Anyway, I don't think many have read it before. I'm not very interested in poetry, and stopped writing poems long time ago.)

8 comments:

  1. Actually that's quite good. I got quitting tobacco from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the author Michel Houllebecq would judge my poem even more rediculous than the sicalled "hermetic French poets"

      Delete
  2. What a neat find! And the poem you shared is quite interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun to reread, but not impressive. I stopped writing poetry long time ago

      Delete
  3. What an awesome find! I'm still looking for some of the stuff I wrote in jr, high...it's in some box somewhere. For someone who's not that interested in poetry, that's not a bad start.
    Oh, I forgot about fika. Should have included that. Very commonly used. Damn. I'm getting old...
    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should visit Sweden regularly, like once a year. Maybe your old writing is in a box in Gothenburg?

      Delete
  4. Fun. Glad you didn't quit the writing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails