February 6, 2016

Another day on fat skis

We have got plenty of snow the last week.  This weekend the snow continues to fall. Today I have another day on the fat skis, in the powder,  off piste.  I listen to an audio book on the lift,  "My Struggle" by Knausgård. I'm almost through the first 5 volumes now.  Very good books. Recommended. 

I'm alone, just by myself.  That's great. I like the loneliness in the sparse  birch forest.  It's not that I dislike people, but I need to spend time alone, to relax and get away from all the expectations. That's what powder days are for >:)

( Picture taken 20 minutes ago. I wrote this post on my cell phone )

9 comments:

  1. I couldn't ski on any kind of skis. Haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous. We usually have 2 to 3 feet of snow lying about, but this year? Nada. Come on snow, show up already.

    And yeah, I cherish quiet moments alone too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the need for quiet time is part of my somewhat introvert personality

      Delete
  3. Hope you had a great day. Thanks for the recommendation - I plan to read some Knausgaard now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did.

      Good luck with Knausgård. It's a monstrous piece of work, 3500 pages, but worth reading. The books can be read in any order, but you should read book 6 last. I read the books in this order: 4,5,3,1,2,6 >:)

      Delete
  4. Alone in the snowy wood . . . sounds good to me. We haven't gotten much snow this winter, but last week I got to shovel over a foot of it off my driveway. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Powder days are the best days. Good time, sure >:)

      Delete
  5. Alone in the snowy wood . . . sounds good to me. We haven't gotten much snow this winter, but last week I got to shovel over a foot of it off my driveway. Good times.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails