February 15, 2018

Thursday night

I was out eating tonight, and drinking beer. I was with good friends and colleagues, men and women. Some of them (maybe one or two) are sexy, most of them are not. That's another story. Maybe i will write more about this later.

We were in the old brewery. They've got rid of all the  bulk volume pale lager productions. It's been moved to a big modern brewery in the south. That's good. Now they're making more interesting craft beers. Test brews, some of them very good. I had four beers, enjoyed them all.

When we left, I decided to walk back home, It's not very far, maybe 1/2 hour. I walked through town, and I realized we're really living in a small town. It's advantageous in many ways, no traffic jam and short commutes. I also realized that the town center is quite dead at night on the week days.

I passed by empty restaurants and almost empty bars, just a few people drinking beer and watching the Europa League football in the sports bars. That's life. Not much happening, we're stuck in our caves. I need to do something about this, before it's too late. Get out. Get away.

(Picture taken while walking back home tonight. The cabin cruisers look a little bit weird next to the snow-covered streets, I think. Many things are weird tonight.)

3 comments:

  1. Bullshit - it is already almost too late and you're still not doing anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in a small(ish) town too. The older I get, the more I love it. That said, I look forward to traveling, but always coming home too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails