January 30, 2015

Signed up for the A-Z Challenge

I signed up for the A-Z Challenge again this year. It's gonna be fun. This year I will go for a theme, but not sure which.

Today, I took a day off from work, and went up to the mountains with little boy and a couple of his buddies. The boys are already out skiing in the snow park, jumping on the big jumps.

I'm sitting in the cafe drinking a cup of fairly good coffee (not the best), and reading some work mail. We have another two days of skiing ahead of us, so I think I will skip the skiing today. I will try to get some work done, and think about a theme for the A-Z Challenge.

I should find a theme which is interesting, and doesn't provoke or offend anyone. No, I think I will reduce my ambition. I'll find a theme which is just interesting. There are som nice options in the sub-heading of my blog:

"about science, mathematics, skiing, drumming, black metal, opera, sex, summer, winter, Heaven and Hell"

Science would be a cool theme, with plenty of topics to write about: astronomy, biology, chemistry, dinosaurs, evolution, Feynman, gravity, Hubble ...

Maybe I should go for mathematics, which also has lots of topics: asymptotic analysis, Banach space, complex numbers, divergence theorem, error function, functions, Gauss distribution, Hilbert space ... Might be fun to write about, but maybe interesting to only a few readers.

Opera could be a cool topic, with posts about Aida, Bizet, Carmen, Donizetti, ...

No, I think I go for the last two options: Heaven and Hell, or some variety of it. Just wait and see till April >:)

(Picture taken today, when I sent little boy and his buddies off in the chair lift)


14 comments:

  1. Glad you're on board!
    Winter and skiing could be combined.
    It is best to go with a theme. I did it the first year without one and don't recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the AZ challenge without a theme last year. Trying something different now

      Delete
  2. 26 posts on one topic? I only did the A-Z once and if there was a unifying theme is was me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some topics 26 posts is fairly easy

      Delete
    2. True, some topics offer much more than 26 posts, such as science, music, literature, or life and love... :-)

      Delete
    3. I could probably write 50 posts on most of them >:)

      Delete
  3. That is such beautiful snow! I have never skied in my life, gotta do it soon!
    Hope you come up with a topic soon for the A to Z. I too am still thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try skiing some time. Coolest there is >:)

      Delete
  4. I'm in, too... I skipped it last year and missed it. I definitely plan though, to do something that is relatively quick each day, since I am way out of practice with daily blogging... maybe drabbling to themes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to do some quick stuff too, at least for half the posts. Otherwise it becomes to demanding

      Delete
  5. Came to you A-Z sign up list, jumping around randomly! Are you getting any closer re: your theme? Good luck! Maybe put up the 2015 badge soon ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think my choice of theme is quite close now. Will reveal it soon ...

      Yes, I have to remember putting up the badge for this year >:)

      Delete
  6. sure glad you didn't go for math... that would have been way beyond me. Of course Religion may be as well! :) Happy blogging! tm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails