August 22, 2016

Question of the Month: What's your favorite beach?

The question of the month for August from Michael G D'Agostino at A Life Examined was, simply:

"What's your favorite beach?"

I'm somewhat late for this one, since I was on vacation, on the beach. Actually, most of my vacation I was other places, in th mountains for instance, but at least some of the time I spent on the beach.

Living in Winterland, I'm not much of a beach guy. I spend a lot more time in the snow, which serves the same purpose; recreation. So, I can't really say that I have a favorite beach. Any beach is good for me. It's more important that I have something to read. My favorite book to bring to the beach is The Gambler by Dostoyevsky.

This year, by the way, I noticed that topless sun bating is coming back, at least in Catalonia. That's nice, in particular if I have forgotten to bring a good book >:)

(Picture from my archives, taken a couple of years ago. Sometimes the snow looks like a beach, kind of)


3 comments:

  1. Can't complain about topless sunbathing!
    I prefer mountains and don't really have a favorite beach either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a mountain man too, both summer and winter >:)

      Delete
  2. that's a hard question - I thought one would come straight to mind but I reckon I have a top 5 - all with their own perfections.

    interesting about the topless bathing too - it seems to be on the decline here, which I for one, am not thrilled about!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails