November 13, 2014

Game of Thrones over Siberia

We left Irkutsk this morning, on the Aeroflot flight back to Moscow. It's quite a long trip, more than 6 hours. Fortunately, we were flying on business class, which is a lot more pleasant than the packed rows on economy. We got comfortable seats, with plenty of space to stretch out the legs. The food is very good too.

There is an entertainment system on-board, of course. On the flight from Moscow to Irkutsk, I mostly watched documentaries, about the Kola Peninsula, and the province of Bashkiria. I never watch TV series. My Russian colleague isn’t much of a TV watcher either. But on the flight from Moscow, he started watching Game of Thrones, and got hooked. He recommended me to check it out.

I like to look down on the places we’re flying over. In the beginning we had a nice clear sky and a good view. But then we entered into clouds. There wasn't much else to do, so I decided to watch the first episode of the first season of Game of Thrones. I can tell you,  that I didn’t get  hooked.  It was pretty boring, and I don’t like watching violence.

The scenes with naked girls were nice of course. I have heard you can find compact compilations on the Internet with only the hot scenes from the series. I think I go for this option.

I still haven’t become a TV-series watcher, and probably I never will. I rather spend my time reading books and science papers, and watching girls. Just watching >:)

(I have the habit of taking pictures from planes. This is a picture I took today, cruising over the endless frozen Siberian wilderness.)

4 comments:

  1. The books never interested me, but I'll admit, I got hooked on the show. I don't mind the violence - or the naked women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that the TV show was based on books.

      Delete
  2. Great shot of the Siberian wilderness! Visting Russia is on my bucket list (but as I hate flying it's a bit of a challenge!!) :) Just popping in to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (today 22 November) Hope you have a sunshine kind of day and a year of all good things!
    Judy Croome, South Africa : Words in the Hands of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy.

      If you're gonna visit Russia, both Irkutsk and Moscow are interesting places to go >:)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails