July 25, 2014

Temple of Capitalism

This morning we visited the Temple of Capitalism. The one and only true god is Money. The view from the 86th floor wss magnificent.

Then er walked down to Greenwich Village. I bought a book by Saul Bellow (Ravelstein) for $6 in a second-hand bookstore on Mercer Street.

I met an ice-cream seller on Chelsea Market who was a fan of Opeth (Swedish metal band). So am I. He recognized the band name on my T-shirt. In the bookstore I bought a book by Paul Auster (New York Trilogy).

Buy, buy, buy. Oh great Money; we worship you. Do we?

(Picture taken to day from the 86. floor of the Empire State Building)

7 comments:

  1. Hey, you're in murrica! Make sure to eat bagels for me too. And bring nyquil home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm eating two bagels for breakfast every morning; one for me and one for you >:)

      Delete
    2. Take one more, with raisins, also for me ;-)... PS. No, not all of us do, but NYC is fascinating in any case.

      Delete
    3. Yes, will take one with raisins tomorow. No, not all of us do, fortunately >:)

      PS. Bought another book today: Post Office by Charles Bukowski

      Delete
  2. That seriously is a magnificent shot!! Hope you enjoyed your trip :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, it was a nice trip. My first visit to NY and New England

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails