March 22, 2016

No country for old men

It's been snowing like crazy for days now. In the forest there's  a foot of powder.  The branches of the birch trees are bending under the weight of the snow.

This morning I joined little boy and his buddy in the off piste.  Little boy moves  like a ballet dancer on his fat skis, zig-zag between the birch poles.  For me it got too technically difficult; too steep and too dense forest. After two runs I was totally exhausted. This was no country for old men.

I took a break, with a cup of coffee and a cold raspberry juice.  Then I went looking for some easier powder, more suitable for an old man like me. Found it and had a good time in the white gold >:)

P'S.  I borrowed the title of the post from the book by Cormac McCarthy.  Great book by the way.

(Picture taken in the birch forest today.)

7 comments:

  1. As long as there are good alternatives, the old men will be fine and happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am green with envy. Winter was a bust here. Only got to use my shovel for two storms. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoveling snow is not the fun part of the winter, I agree

      Delete
  3. Am green with envy. Winter was a bust here. Only got to use my shovel for two storms. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and I just turned on my air conditioner.

    Ah, our planet is a beautiful place. :)

    P.S. Yes, great book. Not a bad movie, either, which is rare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the variety of environments that we can choose from on our Earth is fantastic >:)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails