December 21, 2020

The darkest day

 

Today is the darkest day of the year, and the last day at work before Christmas. Maybe it’s the last day at work this year. It remains to see, depending on the weather during the holidays, which are not so holy for me.

This year has been special, with the COVID-19 stuff going on. Many days spent in home office, which is fine in many ways, but with too small computer screens, and somewhat monotonous surroundings. But sometimes it’s good to get out of the house. So today I’ve been sneaking into the office, to my big computer screens. That’s the good thing about having the boss in a different city, and even in a different country far away. He can’t see where I am and what I’m doing all the time.

Everything that needs to be done this year is finalized, so it’s time to do some clean-up, and some updates. Today I have updated Python, all the modules. The kind of things I don’t dare to do when I have urgent stuff going on. Don’t change things that works when there are deadlines coming up.

But now it’s done, and then it’s time to go home, on the darkest day, to prepare the Christmas celebrations that I dislike as much as I did last year and the year before.

Looking forward to January.

2 comments:

  1. Yet again I spent xmas alone, and yet again it was the best thing I could have done. I ate random, slightly fancier than usual but in no ways holiday related food, and basically treated it as a random free holiday. Tomorrow I turn the work computer back on, at least for a few hours. I am trying to work part time the coming three days to regain some of all the hours my employer owes me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way to spend the holidays. I would have been happy to celebrate the winter solstice alone too, treating it as just some random days off >:)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails