September 14, 2010

Hungry as Hell


You won't imagine what happened yesterday!

I was out traveling again, just a day trip to the south. I was up at 5:30 am to get on the morning plane, and came back home at 7 pm, tired and hungry as Hell. I hadn't eaten since noon.

But my old lady refused me to eat. She was preparing for a gathering with her friends, and had all kinds of obscure dishes spread all over the kitchen. She said I would just mess up everything if a made a couple of sandwiches. Crazy isn't it?

I just had to be patient, but it paid off in the end, when the salmon rolls were served ... and finally, the oyster >:)

10 comments:

  1. Does she read your blog? If so, the "old lady" may not feed you ever again. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope not, Helen. But I take the chance. I cooked the dinner today, but who knows what will happen tomorrow ... >:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good things come to those who wait.
    Although I would've snuck in and grabbed a sandwich anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemon and oysters... hmmm. Not sure I would have skipped the sandwich.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh er. Sounds yum. But now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmmmmm...thanks for the makin-me-hungry post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You want to know hungry...read The Siege by Helen Dunmore. Decribes the Leningrad Siege. And rather than eating an oyster I think I'd choose boiled shoe leather any time!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not crazy at all. Some oldies have very strict routine when they prepare food. I'm sure you've some fat to burn...hehe.

    My Darcy Mutates…

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, if you cook dinner sometimes, you're in the clear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex: True, the good things usually come in the end.

    Clarissa: Apparently, I had no choice ...

    Sheila: Good to be hungry if there is a nice meal in sight.

    C.E.: Yes, mmmmmmmmm, that's what it was, in the end

    Judy: Boiled shoe leather is not among my favorites. Will check out The Siege.

    Enid: You're supposed to be on my side here ... well, it's true that I have some fat to burn

    Helen: I cook dinner quite often. Yesterday fish cakes, today pasta, tomorrow Tex-Mex (little boy's favorite). Nothing advanced, but we don't starve, most of the time >:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails