April 29, 2013

The extinction of snow


I just came back from our last skiing weekend this season. March and April is the best part of the year. Then light is coming back to the north, but we still have winter snow, in the mountains. Long light days and good skiing.

Spring is arriving late this year. Nights are still cold, which slows down the melting of the snow.

Soon spring will take over. There’s no mercy. Sad but rue. It’s the time for the extinction of snow. 

(Picture taken from the chair lift yesterday; one of my last lift rides this season. The yellow and brown grass from last summer reappears. On the slopes there is still plenty of snow, but along the lift, only patches remain.)

8 comments:

  1. I love that you enjoy snow so much! But you wouldn't want to live where I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy visiting the warm south from time to time. But you're right; I wouldn't want to live there, at least not during winter. I would miss the snow >:)

      Delete
  2. It's a good thing some people like to live where it is cold and snows because otherwise they would all be living down here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's true. It's a lucky situation that different people enjoy living in different places. We have plenty of space in the north, so we could easily accommodate more people around here

      Delete
  3. That pic makes me sad, and I don't really like snow.
    Here, in Texas, we're experiencing some snowy days mixed in with hot, sunny days. Spring is having an identity crisis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never experienced snow in Texas. I've been there many times, but only in the southern part; Houston, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso, ... >:)

      Delete
  4. Once upon a time when I was a skier, I liked spring skiing best--snow on the ground but blue in the sky... best way to go. Though I know you'll miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you once were a skier, I can't imagine why you stopped. And, yes, the spring skiing is the best of the best

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails