August 20, 2014

Just walking around

I'm out walking, more or less at random. Just needed some fresh air, to clear my mind.

It's a nice summer night, but summer is soon gone now. It's getting dark around 10 pm. The long light summer nights belong to the past.

The students are back in town. They make s lot of noise. Get-to-know-eachother parties and stuff like that. Happy young people, new to the town. Those were the days.

There are still some tourists around. The Japanese climb on everything they want to picture; statues, monuments, the rail og the old town bridge. I took a picture too (below), like I was a tourist in my hometown.

I stopped by a bar. Bought a glass of beer, the local beer on tap. I don't like it very much, I prefer the dark beer. Just bought it to remind myself that I really like this town, I like to live here.

It's been a wonderful summer. Who knows what the fall will bring. I'm optimistic >:)

5 comments:

  1. Changes, that's for sure. Life is full of them. And it's up to us how we deal with them. With an optimistic attitude, it can be only good; with a strong belief it might turn to be fantastic til winter comes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter is always good. Let's hope the next one will be fantastic >;)

      Delete
    2. Yes; an exceptional summer should lead to an exceptional winter. :-)

      Delete
  2. I love your writing - quiet and thoughtful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails