January 27, 2018

Advantages and disadvantages of being sick

I've been a little bit sick the last couple of days. It's not my mental dysfunctions I'm talking about. They are permanent. I've got a flu or something similar, infected by little boy, I think.

Yesterday, I worked from home, to avoid bothering my colleagues in the office landscape with my sneezing, and to not infect them. I canceled the meetings, and just worked on what I wanted to do.

I spent some time on an interesting math problem, and then worked on a paper, about my recent research on magnetic inversion. I hope I can get it submitted before Easter. It's still a lot of work to o before it's finished. Then I had a Skype chat with a friend about rock magnetization. Very interesting and enlightening. Magnetism is a complicated subject.

Today, I rejected a couple of activities I would normally join. I always find it hard to say no to other peoples wishes. Today it was easy. I don't want to go shopping, and I don't want to see the art exhibition downtown. I don't want to go cross country skiing in the forest either. Sorry, I'm still sick. Convenient excuse.

So, now I'm at home alone, for a couple of hours, enjoying my sickness and solitude.

My throat is somewhat soar, I'm coughing and sneezing, and have a little bit headache. That's the disadvantages of being sick. Not much to complain about, and a some paracetamol helps.

(Some math notes from my recent investigations in the field of magnetic inversion. Very entertaining, and it even seems to work ... )

8 comments:

  1. For some solitude at home I'd even have the flu ... hope you're feeling better by now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes, some solitude is great, and the flu was over after couple of days

      Delete
  2. Hope you get better soon after some rest and rejuvenating time alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in business now, and feeling very well. Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  3. You sound pretty productive for someone with a cold. The one I caught this month knocked me out for a few days and I'm still coughing three weeks after the start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't feeling very bad. I mostly stayed home to avoid infecting my colleagues. And when the boss thinks I'm really sick, I can spend the time doing what I want, such as working on a publication

      Delete
  4. Yeah, as long as you don't feel TERRIBLE, there can be some perks to it for a little while. Hope it hasn't lasted though. It gets old fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did some math, worked on a paper (still a lot of work before it's finished). Not too bad >:)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails