October 17, 2018

A day in the fall

Summer is over. It’s a rainy day in the fall. Rainy and dark. I’m on the way back home from a business dinner. Good food, fish of the day, and good beers. Meeting with colleagues I haven’t met before. New project, future value chains, it’s called. Research for the future. Very exciting.

I always volunteer for the new and exciting stuff that’s coming up in our company. I still work for the dark side, petroleum exploration. But the future is green, so they say. Electrified, renewable. Probably it’s a big hype, driven by the climate change scare from IPCC, The new "Jehova’s Witnesses", scaring about the end of the world.

Anyway, it gives me the opportunity to do some cool science, funded by tax money, partly. And I agree with the conclusions, we need to use renewables, recycle, reduce consumption, even though I don't agree with the arguments, and the big scare.

Doing new stuff, new science, that’s exciting. I’m quite good at this, grabbing the opportunities, at work. Not so much in my private life though. Sad but true.

(Picture taken  while walking back home from town)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails