March 4, 2010

Quran and Corona


This evening, after work, I went downtown to have a beer with a friend. I took the bus, and had half an hour to kill before we met (one hour between buses). I went to
a music store to buy some drum sticks (closed), then to a bookstore that had lots of books on sale. These are the books I bought:

o Notes from Underground by Dostoyevsky
o Russia - People, History, Politics and Culture
o Sex 365: A Position for Every Day (gift for my old lady)
o The Quran (not on sale, still popular; believe it or not)

At 6 pm I arrived at the bar. She was there already. We had a good time; drinking Corona and talking about life, the universe and everything.

After a while I pulled up my books to show her. We started to read here and there in the Quran, searching for the verses that forbid alcohol and pork, the verses that forbid pictures of God and Muhammad, the verses that justify repression of women and stoning of unfaithful wives. She was reading load. I didn't have my reading glasses.

What a wonderful view she was: A young woman in a bar with the Quran in one hand and a Corona in the other.

2 comments:

  1. yes, that's almost as rad as a woman in a burka at a bar, drinking whiskey through a straw in that mesh!
    great books you bought.
    i love black metal.

    XXX, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, we had a nice time at the bar yesterday.
    Nice to see a fellow black metal fan in here.
    Will check out your blog >:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails