March 1, 2010

Winter Olympics


The winter Olympics is over. I have been watching TV for two weeks now, no time for blogging. Yesterday I watched the very last event; Canada-USA in the ice hockey finals.

Ice hockey is a nice an enjoyable sport. When I was a kid I had lots of fun playing ice hockey with my friends. The fire fighters in my home town used to bring their hoses to make an outdoor ice rink outside the school (there was hardly ever a fire, so I guess they were happy to get some practice).

However, when I watch pro-hockey, I don’t really like the violent attitude of the players.

The events I enjoyed the most were the skiing (of course) in particular the alpine racing. The downhill races are always amazing. And I enjoyed watching the curling games. It’s a slow and relaxing game (I have played it myself only once). When the thrower pushes out of the hack, you can go make a cup of coffee before the stone reaches the target area (house) in the other end of the field. I like that the curling players look like normal people, not like the supernatural human machines in skiing and speed skating.

It’s good to see a forty-something bald guy winning the Olympic gold medal. And the third player on the Swiss women’s curling team, what the Hell, she had pretty eyes.

1 comment:

  1. ski jump was always my favorite, right from when I was a little kid watching on TV with my granddad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails