March 11, 2010

Burzum is back


Good news; Burzum is back! The first album in eleven years, was released this week. The first guitar-based album since 1993, when The Count was jailed for church burnings, and for killing his band mate Euronymus (guitar strings were banned in jail, I guess). The new album Belus catches, partly, the atmosphere from the great albums from the early 1990's (Det som en gang var, Aske, Hvis lyset tar oss) . Some songs have the kind of monotonous feeling from the ambient Filosofem album. Here's one of my favorite tracks (so far). Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPKXUxJVv6Y

2 comments:

  1. i love burzum! minus the racist lyrics. not that i can really hear them but i've been told they are there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I completely agree. I like Burzum because of the music. I'm OK with the antireligious stuff, but don't like the quasi-nazi ideology tha he touched into while in prison.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails