January 25, 2010

Facing reality


When I was a kid, I was living in a small town, with my parents, the only kid in the family (for a while). Every day a nanny came to our house, to do house keeping, and take care of me, while my parents were at work. My world was only nice and kind people. When I was five years old, I was out in the street, alone, for the first time. I went to the play ground, where the other kids were playing in the sand box.
- Close your eyes, and open your mouth, one of the older kids said.
And I did, of course, expecting to get a candy, or something like that. I got my mouth full of sand. It was the day I was facing reality, for the first time. I learnt a lesson, and I'm still learning, from time to time.

4 comments:

  1. No matter how much a parent wants and tries to protect their children, at some point they can't and children experience meanness or hate or bullies. There's not much a parent can do but try to hold them and love them.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a cruel world; not much to do about it, other than doing your best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, sad lesson. The next lesson is when you sit your own kid in the sandpit and watch him pick up great handfuls to shovel into his own mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, yes, I have been through that as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails