December 12, 2011

Back in the snow


We got a foot of snow this week, finally. The kids were thrilled (and so was I).

The white gold, falling from the sky. Great!

This weekend, we had our first two days of real skiing.

Little boy's feet had grown larger since the summer skiing in June. So he needed a new pair of ski boots. We bought a pair of Lange Jr Racing boots, 90 flex (that's a measure of the rigidity of the outer shell), $370 with 20% ski-club discount. Very good boots. Older boy had the same type when he was 10-13 yo (his boots are worn out and thrashed long time ago).

New boots, high speed; little boy will be hard to follow on the slopes this winter. I'm lagging behind >:)

(I took the picture outside the cafe in our lunch break yesterday. Guess which skis are mine.)

4 comments:

  1. Which skis? The dark ones on the far right?
    I have snow envy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun on the slopes. I'm not much of a skier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never skiid. Sounds like Little boy's all set for tons of fun on the slopes. Yep, he'll keep you hoppin' all over the place this year, won't he? Great fun. I have no idea which skis. How about the blue ones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex: No, wrong answer.

    Clarissa: Itæs never too late to start, but to be really good you need to start skiing before 5 yo.

    LynNerd: You got the color right; my skis are the blue and white ones to the left of the green pair.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails