February 23, 2012

Tiger sharks



They appeared before my eyes, right inside of the door in the ski-shop by the lift; a pair of Völkl TigerSharks, demo skis, used once or twice, on sale for 1/3 of the list price.

I asked the cashier if I could try them a couple of runs on the slopes (buying skis is like buying a car; you should test before you buy). I made up my mind before I finished the first run, and bought the skis for $450, including bindings.

The TigerSharks are slalom-shaped skis (length 168cm, curvature radius 15m), perfect for making short turns, excellent grip at high speeds. They're pretty aggressive, and they bite, not me but the snow.

This is my 4th pair of skis. I have two pairs of giant slalom skis; my good old Dynastars that have served me well for almost 10 years, completely worn out, and I have a pair of Rossignol skis that little boy is currently using for downhill and Super G, so they're adjusted to his boot size right now. Also, I have a pair crappy twin-tip skis (K2), OK for jumping (which I hardly dare to do anymore), but to soft to make a proper carving turn.

So, as you can see, I really needed the TigerSharks >:)

(That's my new Völkl TigerSharks in the picture. I've been skiing them for 6 days in row now, and I'm very happy with them.)

4 comments:

  1. Of course you need them! I'm sure you'll be going 1000 MPH on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, how could you not purchase them? Völkl TigerSharks at $450? A steal!

    Dynastars were my first. I still have fond memories of them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia: Yes, of course I do >:)

    Alex: Yes, cool name. The racing series of skis is called RaceTiger, and the TigerShark is for carvers like me.

    Jayne: I just had to buy the skis. The dangerous thing is that the store has a lot of cool skis on sale, so I might be tempted to buy another pair, or maybe a new pair of ski boots >:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails