September 27, 2014

Storm

This weekend we had the first storm of the fall coming in. It's been windy, cold and raining. It's the kind of weather when you would rather stay indoor reading a good book, or playing with your new toy.

Last night I was out in the yard to take down the kids' trampoline before the wind takes it. Sometimes these wind-borne trampolines end up in the neighbors garden, or smashing the neighbors car. I don't want that to happen, so better be precautious.

I made a quick visit to the town center today, to buy a new shirt. Commando shopping as usual; fast in and fast out, with a brief stop in the bookstore afterwards, In the streets people were hurrying from shop to shop or wherever they were going, dressed in raincoats,

All these nasty storms are coming in from the west, even though Russia is to the east. Just joking. I like the Russians. Many of them are very nice people. I always enjoyed traveling to Moscow. I just don't like Putin's aggressive politics, domestic and abroad.

By the way, after the opening of the iron curtain, some precious gifts from the east have come to cross my path.

This storm isn't too bad, actually. There are worse to come, I think. Whatever, we'll probably stay happy as long as there are good books and fun toys >:)

(Picture taken with my cell phone today outside the mall. Not the most interesting picture. I'l try to take some more exciting ones tonight.)

15 comments:

  1. I am no fan of winter, especially the ones you have up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the rainy fall, but the winter, with dry white snow, is the best time of the year, I think >:)

      Delete
  2. Commando is how I like to shop. Go out, shoot deer, bring home, feed family.
    We are cooler but no storms here. Which is good, as this time of year they would be hurricanes. And that is never fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our storms are often remnants of your hurricanes drifting across the Atlantic. However, the ocean in the north is too cold to fuel the hurricanes, so they loose some of the power.

      Delete
  3. Glad the storms haven't been too bad. We have a trampoline here and have used some sort of U-shaped stakes hammered into the ground to keep it down. Although I guess if the winds were strong enough....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The u-shaped stakes may work. However, we usually dismantle the trampoline every fall, before the snow comes and skiing season starts.

      Delete
  4. I like that picture. I like to see the places where other people live. It gives me better vision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I agree. Also like to see pictures from places other people live. If you show me pictures from Texas, I will show pictures from Winterland >:)

      Delete
  5. Yes, the former eastern block released some gems after the 'wind of change' had blown through it. Stormy winds bring freedom and peace, I love them. Greetings from the "blowing road" up on a hill where I live and dream about one happy-ending of an amazing story. It could be a good book once...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love storms, though I prefer summer storms to winter ones, as I hate the cold. That's considerate of you to not let your trampoline mangle your neighbor's car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my neighbor appreciated that the trampoline didn't wreck his car >:)

      Delete
  7. Great picture and appreciate your descriptions - it's so different from where I live - we're having a drought, very dry and sometimes warm. It's nice to envision your cool, wind-blown northern Fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, it's different from the fall in California

      Delete
  8. We had some very stormy weather the last few days where I live. I just wish I had been able to stay home and sit on the couch and read during them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails