July 13, 2010

The 3rd worst invention of all time: Pizza with pineapple


Recently, I was going through my blog archive, to delete some old posts that were really bad and not worth keeping. Also, I found that I had forgotten to complete my little trilogy on the "worst inventions of all time".

I had written about the first two
1. Religion,
2. Handguns,
but not the 3rd and last one. So here it is:

The 3rd worst invention of all time: Pizza with pineapple.

I like pizza and I like pineapple, but not at the same time. One of my favorites is pizza with pepperoni, and I really hate it when I get pineapple on top of it, or even worse, when the pineapple is mixed in with the melted cheese.

It's not a big problem, you may say, and I agree. I can order my pepperoni pizza without pineapple, or simply peel them off. Sometimes it's good to have a problem that I can do something about.

I can’t stop all the religious extremism going on, and I can't get rid of all the handguns in the world. But I can at least get the pineapple off my pizza.

Tomorrow the vacation starts; two weeks away from the computer, and with lots of Italian food. Have a nice summer >:)

17 comments:

  1. BUWAHAHAHAHAHA! I love the juxtaposition here... religion, guns... pizza with pineapple. I'm in total agreement on the 3rd, so probably would be on the other two *shifty*

    I don't really like meat with sweet very much, so that is part of it (counting cheese as a meat here, from the mysterious cheesipotimus...) I like my pineapple straight, or maybe dipped in chocolate.

    Tomato sauce and pineapple doesn't go either (possibly because I prefer a sauce that is spicy or savory rather than sweet.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can eat pineapple on pizza, but would prefer not to. Meat and cheese, those are the two best pizza toppings - and put them on a thin crust.

    You're going away for two weeks? Aaaggg! You will be missed. I mean, come on, who else would lump religion, handguns, and pineapple on pizza as the three worst ideas in the world?

    Have a stress-less holiday and come back with pictures.

    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree!!! Pineapple belongs in a fruit salad and cheese belongs on a pizza. Another worst invention: carrot cake! Because carrots should stay in the ground where they belong and a cake isn't a cake without chocolate!

    Have a fantastic summer vacation - Hamba khale!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are we even friends???!!! :) I'm a devout Catholic, I own a gun and I like pineapple on the side of my pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Helen and Judy.

    I'm a liberal and tolerant person, Anita. I like people who disagree with me; it makes a lot of interesting discussions >:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, here we are being different again! You posted a comment on my blog today that blew my fragile mind and I'm about to return in kind--pineapple on pizza is my most favorite...especially if there are mushrooms in the mix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's OK, Elizabeth. You can have mushrooms and pineapple on your half of the pizza >;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, I just had pizza with pineapple today. Did you snoop over my shoulders this afternoon?

    Steamy Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree with you on this one. I do not like pineapples on pizza but every time we order, my husband gets "Hawaiian Pizza" (ham and pineapples). It is the worst ever.

    *goes to read Religion and Guns*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Hawaiian pizza. I can eat just about anything on pizza unless its really weird or gross like anchovies or mayonaise. I'm not too picky overall.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a funny discussion. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, it's fun. I like that people are different >:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, pineapple and pepperoni together are my favorite pizza toppings. My husband gets really sick of my wanting it. But I know people really hate it. It just makes me sad. At least you like pineapple when it's NOT on pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I do like pineapple ... in the fruit salad >:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't have a big problem with the pineapple on the pizza, but that picture there makes me CRAVE pizza... if only it weren't so expensive to have delivered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Home-made pizza is very good too, Nat, and less expensive >:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails