December 20, 2010

The darkest day


Today is the darkest day, we have about 4 hours of day light now. Tomorrow we will start moving towards lighter times. Great!

I'm closing down this blog now, for a little while, from Merry Christmas to Happy New Year, approximately >:D

In the meantime I'll be outdoor skiing, or indoor reading. And I will try to write a couple of new chapters for my so-called novel.

The novel takes place in the summer. It's kind of strange to write about summer in the middle of winter, but it's fun too. I can swap seasons in just a few seconds. I can go to the ski resort at day time and to the beach, in my novel-world, at night.

If you thought I'm just a metal head, you're wrong. I'm a big fan of Tom Waits too. Here's one of my favorite "Christmas songs": Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis.

Merry Christmas to everybody, in the ski resort and on the beach, or wherever you are. Or maybe I should say Happy Yuletide >:)

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time off. Be sure to come back though. I do enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous. Someday I will go there and stay for a few months. I heard Bergen is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and your family have really fabulous holidays! Have fun with the skiing and make great progress with the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's not much sunlight! Have a wonderful Christmas.
    And I didn't know you were a metal head - good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skiing an dreading ... I'd be in heaven! Have a great holiday and peace, health, and prosperity be to you and yours for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Holidays! And turn on some lights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. C, just bring out a photo of Kate Winslet and a photo of Sydney's lovely beach and you won't have problem writing summer scene in the deep of winter.

    I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. May 2011 bring you heaps of fun, loads of friends and lots of cheers.

    Fire and Cross

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the break and good luck with the novel.

    The summer story will help warm you up...just like the children's picture book "Frederick" by Lionni...remember? It was one of my favorite books when I was a little girl. Frederick saved up words to warm the winter for the other mice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails