December 15, 2010

Waste of time


I don't know anything less interesting and more boring than Christmas. Usually I don't think about it before 23rd December.

This year it's different. My old lady is away this week, off-shore, on the oil platform she's working with. So I have to take care of a lot of Christmas shopping and preparations.

Damn, what a waste of time!

Usually, Christmas preparations bring some arguing and yelling in our family, since I'm not very enthusiastic when it comes to putting up lights and stars and the Christmas tree ans so-called decorations.

I hardly get the time to write on my so-called novel. Tonight I have written only 666 words.

Now I need some good music to cheer me up, for instance Freezing Moon by Mayhem. This live version from 2004 has Attila on vocals; the original studio version with Dead on vocals is even cooler. Note Hellhammer on the drums >:)

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've heard a lot of people complain about what a pain Christmas is becoming. It's more about want and greed and less about what's important. Well, I hope you get to spend lots of time with your family.
    CD

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife's gone this christmas too. Also out of the country. I like trees and lights and stars but I'm way to lazy to put anything up. I had a poster of a tree I used to hang up every year until that seemed like too much work.

    My wife would rather not celebrate... but I think my childhood memories of the holiday cause me a bit of emotional distress this time of year. It generally makes me a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hang in there! You can do like I do and approach it as a celebration of pretty lights and shiny things (though somehow you and your 666 words seem to be taking a different approach *snort*)... I actually really LIKE the winter solstice thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the call: "When it's cooooold and when it's daaaaaaaaaaark...THE FREEZING MOON CAN OBSESS YOU". One of my top 5 BM songs of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clarissa: I won't make more out of Christmas than I have to. From 27th December to New Years Day is nice. Then the Christmas hazzle is mostly over, and it's more like a regular vacation >:)

    Rusty: A poster with a picture of a Christmas tree is a great idea. I agree with your wife, I would be happy to skip Christmas all together >:)

    Hart: The winter solstice is OK (when days become longer again). But I would prefer no Santa, no indoor trees, and no virgin birth. The 666 words actually became 1175 before I went to bed last night. I got up to speed and kept on writing till 2am. I was damn tired this morning when I got up to go to work

    Ben: The black metal classics from the early 1990s are still great. I probably have Freezing Moon on my top 5 list too, together with some songs by Gorgoroth, Satyricon and Taake >:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually do all the shopping & DH helps with the tree. For some unknown reason, this year he's in the mood. He decided to hang lights outside and put garland and lights on the staircase. He even did a bit of shopping. Wow.

    My advice to you would be help a little. When one person has to do all the shopping, all the wrapping, all the card mailing, all the decorating, all the cooking, and all the cleaning, it's not much fun for that person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen: I do help a little, but it takes too much time, and it's extremely boring. There are hundreds of things I would rather do, like read or write or work (I have a really fun job) >:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails