June 22, 2011

Finally


I made it to Moscow again, finally.

Three weeks ago, I had planned and booked my trip to Russia, to Moscow and Murmansk. Unfortunately, I didn't get my visa in time, and 2 hours before takeoff, I had to cancel everything,

New attempt this week, and no problem with visa this time. I have a double entry visa to Russia valid till September.

We arrived in the airport with the difficult name (S airport) around 3 pm today, and booked into our hotel. It's a great 5-star hotel called Swissotel Krasnye Holmy, located a ten minute walk from our Moscow office.

This evening, we walked down to Red Square to see the St Basil Basilika and the Kremlin. But, dammit, the camera on my cell phone didn't work, so no pictures from Red Square, unfortunately.

(Back in the hotel, we stopped in the bar and took a beer, and guess what, suddenly my cell phone had decided to be co-operative again. The picture above is my only shot today; Baltika 7, local Russian beer, fairly good, but not comparable to the fabulous Sibirskaya Korona)

9 comments:

  1. hey, that sibirskaya korona is the beer you told me to try (since i hate all beer.) ...i don't know why i am telling you something you already know, that's kind of silly of me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the photo after you had the beer? *wink*

    Chemical Fusion

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cell phone camera is pretty unreliable, too. It's never *not* worked, but frequently takes very blurry pictures....who knows why? The beer looks good, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. id: Yes, that's right. Tonight I'm gonna find a bar that has Sibirskaya Korona on the beer list >:)

    Enid: We only had one beer, and not much of interest happened afterwards ... but some weird stuff happened in a meeting today. Maybe I'll write it down tonight ... >:)

    Elizabeth: The lesson learned is that I either has to get a new and more reliable phone, or I need to carry a proper digi-cam in addition to the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time for a real camera? I always forget to bring mine, so I end up using my cell phone anyway--which doesn't take very good photos.
    Enjoy your stay in Moscow/Murmansk. :)
    (That beer looks refreshing!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No scenery, but you got a picture of your beer! Now that is ironic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jayne: I have a real camera that I always bring on vacation and free time travel, but I always forget to bring it when I travel at work. I'm only visiting Moscow on this trip, will probably go to Murmansk in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, gawd. That beer looks so tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alex: Yes, that's the right word, it's ironic >:)

    Liz: It wasn't bad, The Russians know how to brew beer >;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails