June 26, 2011

Back to the snow


I'm back in the snow, skiing with the kids.

I could easily survive without skiing in June, but the kids insist. They want their summer-skiing this year, like previous years. We go up to the mountains for a few days in the beginning of school's summer vacation.

The kids love it, and I must admit I enjoy it myself too.

Today, we had a great day on the glacier. Nice and sunny weather, and no wind. Now it's time for BBQ at the camping down in the valley >:)

(The picture is from the glacier today on the kids' play ground, the terrain park. It's my good old skis and poles in front of the rock.)

10 comments:

  1. Skiing in June is such a foreign concept to me. I couldn't find snow within 500 miles if I tried. I love that you can, though. Glad you're having a nice time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, to be able to ski in the summer months. Heaven. And not cold! ;)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RosieC: We have been skiing the first week of kids' summer vacation for many years, and now it's become a tradition, impossible to get out of. Kids love to be back on the snow. It's almost two months since the end of the regular (winter) skiing season.

    Jayne: Hehe, I enjoyed your wordplay here, and you're right >:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd settle for snow and skiing in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. breathtaking scenery. sounds like a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex: Yes, that's the normal thing to do

    id: Thanks. Yes, we're having a good time >:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally beautiful. I've seen a glacier in Montana. No one got to ski on it, I don't believe. We did walk onto part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Skiing in the summer? How cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Liz: Summer skiing is great when the weather is good. The kids love it and insist on their summer skiing vacation. Little boy and I went back home tonight. Older boy will be on the glacier with his buddies for another three days >:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen: Hiking on glaciers is nice too, but be aware of crevasses. Most glaciers require special equipment and approach (walking several people in line, connected with a rope, and using iron crampons). The glacier we're skiing on is a nice and kind one; crevasses are small, usually less than a foot wide, and can be filled in with snow, for safe skiing >:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails