February 19, 2011

Too early on a Saturday


Getting up at 7 in the morning on a Saturday, can you imagine. I can't, unless I have to. This morning I had to.

Little boy had a Super G race today, in our local resort. Course inspection from 8, race start at 9. The Super G races always start early. Super G is the 2nd fastest alpine racing dicipline (after downhill). Therefore, we want to get most of the race completed before the regular opening hours in the ski center.

I'm always a little bit anxous before the Super G races (and downhill), because of the high speeds involved. The kids love it, and it's not something they can do every day. It's feasible only in organized practise and races.

The race went fine, fortunately no crashes, and no injuries. Little boy's first comment after he crossed the finish line was: "I wanna do it one more time".

Tomorrow it's giant slalom. The race doesn't start before 11 o'clock, fortunately >:)

I took the pictura above today. It's right out of the start gate, since I assisted little boy when he prepared for the race, warming up, taking off the jacket an pants and so on

8 comments:

  1. Well done to Little Boy on his race! :) The sun shining on the snow looks beautiful. Hope the giant slalom goes well today (Here it's Sunday already!)

    Judy (South Africa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. I hope the giant slalom went just as well (and injury-free).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy: We just came back from the ski centre. Giant slalom went well. Good skiing conditions, and great race.

    Rosie: No injuries, just fun >:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He wanted to do it again and I bet you were thinking "No, once was good enough!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure he's got to love it! And congrats to him on doing so well.

    Curious if there are helmets? (Is that a Type A mom question?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you CaH for being such an encouraging Dad. I know when my kids wanted to do things that were dangerous I'd smile on the outside and be horribly nervous inside. Er actually I'm still like that even though they're adults, it used to be sports, now it's bars and clubbing. Sport was better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Urgh! That IS early for a Saturday! I remember LOVING skiing superfast. I had stepbrothers with a speed thing and i had to keep up, but about the time I became a parent, it started to freak me out... I think that magic of kids makes us realize how fragile life can be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex: We're already planning for the next event for him to participate in >:)

    Elizabeth: Yes, the kids use helmets, and back-protection shields.

    Sue: I prefer sports before bars too, but at some point you can't stop kids (teens) from enjoying both

    Hart: I don't ski very fast myself anymore; it hurts to much if I fall. The kids regulate the speed themselves. They don't ski faster than they feel comfortable with, fortunately >:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails