April 25, 2010

Here we go again

Here we go again, at least I hope so. The ash cloads from Eyjafjallajökull have taken a break; Six Flags Airlines is apparently flying again.

I'm on the way to the north of Winterland, as usual. I went straight from the slopes to the airport this evening. My old lady was grumpy because I didn't postpone it till tomorrow morning. But I really hate getting up at 5 am to catch an early plane.

The very first sign of spring has shown up in our garden; the kids trampoline is up and in use. There are no signs of green leaves on the trees yes, but in one or two weeks, it will be.

Today we had our last day of skiing, for a while. There is still dry cold snow at high elevations, but really slushy and wet down at the base lift stations. It's spring, the winter is over for this time. Sad but true. Another year, another snow; then we're back on the slopes.

And we have the glacier skiing in the summer of course; the first week of kids' summer vacation. The kids are already looking forward to it. They have started planning already. Just for fun, here is a little video made by the boys, from the glacier skiing last summer:

http://www.vimeo.com/5376061

Whatever, it’s still another 40 minutes till my flight. I'm just writing this crap while I'm waiting. Maybe I can find some interesting blogs to read … >:)

5 comments:

  1. Which airline are you calling the Six Flags Airline? Southwest or is there an actual airlines called Six Flags. Sounds like the theme park here in TX.

    Looking forward to hearing about glacier skiing.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s an airline with a fleet of small propeller planes, serving small towns in Winterland, mostly on the coast and in the north, where most runways are too short for big passenger jets, and population is too small to fill them.

    It’s not the real name, but I call it Six Flags Airlines because they often fly in tough weather conditions and severe turbulence, feeling like being in a roller coaster; sometimes fun, sometimes scary. I borrowed the name from the Six Flags theme parks that are all over America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEE-yew! You fly in those little propeller planes?!?!?? Scary! A jumbo makes me nervous and I hyperventilate in anything smaller.

    Re my post on the semi-colon (thanks for your comment), if you want to see an overabundance of semi-colons, try reading Virginia Woolf's "To the Lighthouse". Enough semi-colon's there to satisfy the most ardent fan! :)

    Judy Croome

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds so cold where you are. I like to visit snow, but much prefer the hot weather where I live. As a result, I suck at skiing. On the other hand, yesterday I ate a strawberry from our garden.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winter strikes back here in the north; we had 10 cm of fresh snow this morning, and snowing all day >:|
    Lucky you, Helen, with strawberries in the garden already. Ours are ready late in July or early august; but then they are really sweet and tasty, best there is >:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails