April 20, 2010

The toilet at Pushkin Restaurant


One night, we walked down Tverskaya Street to Pushkin Restaurant, a 10 minutes walk from the hotel. The restaurant is, of course, named after the Russian author, who wrote great books like Queen of Spades (recommended, if you haven't read it)

We had a very good Russian meal, including borsch, the delicious beet soup, and Russian champagne. After a while I had to visit the toilet. It was really nice; all the porcelain being decorated with blue flowers. Fortunately I had my camera in the pocket.

On the way back to our table, I stopped by the bar to order another beer. A cute Ukrainian girl was sitting alone by the bar. Her name was Elena, and she came from Kiev. She was in Moscow to earn some money. I grabbed my beer and wished her good luck. That was all I could do.

My creme brulee was waiting, and we’re not allowed to order room service when travelling for the company >:)

7 comments:

  1. So glad you had your camera. What an amazing toilet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the most beautiful toilet I've ever seen.

    Cute ending to your post.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  3. That toilet is so nice I would feel like I was descrating it if I used it. I'd find al "alternative" of some sorts.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I thought I was the only eccentric traveler who likes to take photo of toilets, from time to time.

    In Quest of Theta Magic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enid, I have pics of some other toilets too, but they will never be shown here >:)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an amazing toilet!

    Glad to hear that you had a nice outing this week. Wow, you go skiing that much? That's awesome! I've actually never gone skiing even though I live less than two hours away from the mountain. It's on my list of things to try, but it just never ends up happening. Maybe next Winter. Have fun skiing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went skiing once when we visited Europe. It wasn't a pretty sight.

    But that toilet...now that *is* pretty!

    Judy Croome

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails