June 17, 2010

Ready for summer skiing

The school's summer vacation is starting next week. As usual, we go skiing the first week of the vacation, on a glacier on the top of Winterland. This has become a nice tradition.

Every morning, we drive up to the glacier, and ski all day. Anyone who forget the sun protection will regret it badly in the end of the day.

In the afternoon, we go back to the camping down in the valley. We BBQ, play soccer and volleyball, jump on trampoline and walk on a slackline. If the weather is nice and warm the kids go swimming in the river. It's ice cold; only greenish melting water from the glacier. I prefer to just watch them from the river bank.

It's gonna be my boys, of course, and five or six of their friends, and I will be the "baby sitter" for the wild bunch. We're looking forward to it, both the kids and I >:)

Here's a little video from June last year. Put on your headphones if you like Italian opera:

7 comments:

  1. Death metal and Italian opera. If that's not a dichotomy, I don't know what is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe; maybe not. I like the extremes, on either side. That's the common feature. All the plain stuff in between is just boring, with a very few exceptions (like Kate Bush) >:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh, that's summer? I can't imagine what winter is like...

    Steamy Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds fabulous and looks beautiful. We're expected to get to 100 degrees today. Cannot imagine skiing in the winter here, let alone the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the winter it's about the same, Enid, except then we go skiing at lower altitudes.

    You have summer skiing resorts in USA too, Helen, for instance Mt. Hood in Oregon. You should try it, very nice >:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband's a good skier and so are my kids,although my son can no longer ski since at six foot ten he can't find boots to fit his feet. I, however, am a terrible skier.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails