June 14, 2010

Romeo and Juliet at midnight


I was cleaning my apartment today. Guess what I found; a Cuban cigar. In fact, it was my favorite cigar, a Churchill sized Romeo y Julieta. According to the cigar handbook, a good Cuban cigar should be rolled on the inside of a virgin's thighs.

President Kennedy was a passionate cigar smoker. He couldn't break the embargo against Cuba, of course, not officially. Fortunately, the British embassy helped him, by sending Cuban cigars in the diplomatic mail.

Tonight I went for a late walk, just around the neighborhood, at midnight, while smoking my cigar. I had my camera with me of course, and took the picture above half an hour after midnight. Nice isn't it? Just like a good cigar, you can enjoy the view for an hour.

Did you think this was a post about sex? What did Romeo an Juliet have in mind around midnight? Just use your imagination ... >:)

7 comments:

  1. How many minutes or hours of darkness do y'all get each 24 hours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. None.

    At he latitude where I am right now, about 68 degrees north, the sun is not going down before the 20th July. To be more precise, that's the case if you have free sight towards north, for instance at sea. Locally, the sun may disappear for a couple of hours due to terrain, mountains and stuff like that, but it's day-light all the time.

    Even in the town where I live (most of the time), 900 km (500 miles) further south, it's not getting dark in June, even though it's south of the polar circle. Pity for Kiss; their light show wasn't very impressive on the light summer night.

    Take a summer vacation north of the polar circle. I'm sure you will like it. I still think the light summer nights are fabulous, every year >:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely, misleading title again! LOL. But thanks for the education about gentlemen's sport.

    Steamy Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, sorry for misleading you again, Enid >:)

    The keywords could also have indicated a post about the Starr report, bought it when I lived in USA 10 years ago. Most of it was damn boring. Bill knew about rolling cigars on thighs, but forgot about the virgin part. He was a cool president; intelligent, creative and liberal. Good guy >:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha! So you were my visitor from the tip of Norway! I am Norsisima, thanks to my friend Mari and a Norwegian grandmother, so I love hearing about it.

    And diplomatic pouches have vast potential, don't they... in fiction, as in real life. I rather think virgins who allow the rolling of cigars on their inner thighs, though, don't remain that way for long...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from Winterland >;)

    You're probably right about the virgins, unless they have a long-lasting cigar-roller fetish >:)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fascinating! Though my son wore flashy sunglasses rather than rolling a cigar when he acted Romeo in an elementary school play. Long time ago, that was.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails