January 17, 2011

Stairway to Cold As Heaven


There has been some complaints about the stairs recently, the stairs in front of our main entrance. They are icy and slippery and difficult to walk, due to snow fall and somewhat sloppy shoveling earlier this winter.

I have argued that this is good. Reaching the top has never been easy, and shouldn't be easy. It should be a real challenge and take some effort.

Maybe this doesn't apply to stairs?

(The photo was taken by me. I even built and painted the stairs last summer. All right reserved) >:D

6 comments:

  1. Ha! No, maybe shouldn't apply to physical stairs. But seems to apply to every other venture in life. Un. Fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snicker* Good lesson for your children, right!? I hate it when it all freezes solid... You could put in a rope tow... I walked to work in freezing rain this morning, so a couple of stairs are no obstacle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the U.S. you can get sued for someone injuring themselves on your property. Yes, we're stupid over here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think only those who can climb the stairs are worthy to get in your house. If your grandmother wants to get in so bad, let her butt scoot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up in Michigan so I can relate to these stairs. Although my dad would have me out in a second chopping away the ice. We had ten stairs leading up to our porch so this was quite a chore after an ice storm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colene: Life is not fair, and never will be, unfortunately.

    Hart: You've got what it takes to get to the top, no doubt, even in freezing rain >:)

    Matthew: Our laws are a little bit more relaxed in that sense. I think the main problem in America is that you have too many lawyers.

    Ben: That was exactly my argument to, but I was met with disagreement and complaints.

    Stephen: I've been too sloppy with the shoveling throughout the winter. That's the reason for the icy stairs. I removed the ice yesterday, when we got temperatures above freezing point for a few hours and the ice didn't stick to the stairs >:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails