October 4, 2012

Challenge Day 03: Annoying things


 Tom Snare relaxed in his seat by the window on the Aeroflot flight to Moscow. Nancy Victor on his left side suddenly slammed her fist into the armrest, her eyes sparking in anger under the black eyeliner and the purple make up on her eye lids.

“I fucking hate it when the asshole in front of me leans his seat backward and steals that little space I’ve got to read and write on my lap top.”

“I find that annoying too”, said Tom,  ”like I find it annoying when people take off their shoes to expose their stinking socks,  and when the bar’s run out of dark beer.”

“But most of all I find it annoying when people “hate“ all kind of things that are just annoying”, he added.

“I agree,” said Nancy, “hate is an overused word. But you know, that’s the way I am. I take it to the extreme.”

“That’s why I like you,” said Tom.

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving these daily challenge posts. Keep 'em coming, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do my best. Got one more to write today. In half an hour I'm going to a black-metal concert, so will need to do my next writing challenge late, or tomorrow >:)

      Delete
  2. I understand totally. I flew to the middle east once and because I'm small, the flight attendant put a really big woman in the front seat of me. She needed an additional length of seat belt. You can imagine how the flight was for me. It's most annoying!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails