October 15, 2012

Challenge Day 07: To win the heart


Tom Snare pulled his cap down to protect his eyes from the sun.

“It’s the Atlantic to the right and the Mediterranean to the left ”, he said.

“And we get a glimpse of Africa on the other side,” Nancy added.

“Spain and England have been arguing about this rock for centuries.”

“Yes, the border was closed for 16 years, but Spain had to re-open it to get into the European Union in the 1980s.”

“There was a British prime minister who once said that Great Britain has no long-term allies, only long-term interests.”

“It’s a place of great strategic interest, to get control over the Strait of Gibraltar.”

Tom sighed. “I don’t like strategies,” he said, “it smells manipulation and slyness.”

“So, being strategic is not a good strategy to win your heart?”

Nancy smiled and looked at him through her Prada sunglasses, fake, bought for 5 Euros from an illegal African immigrant.

“My heart was won years ago,” Tom replied.

“Is there a 2nd or 3rd prize still to be won?”

“Maybe.”

“And what does it take?”

“Mind and body.”

“Well, the first is easy, but I don’t have the body of a super model.”

“Don’t worry. Just keep it like that,” Tom said.

6 comments:

  1. I like the way you're unfolding these scenes. Meeting the challenges well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. What I enjoy the most is to write the dialogues. I'm a little bit behind schedule, so I'll probably complete the challenge in two months rather than one >:)

      Delete
  2. I'm with Tom. I don't like strategies, either... games are not for romance...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it seems Tom has a little hidden strategy of his own, with that line.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails