October 5, 2012

Challenge Day 04: Fears


"Religion is founded on humanity’s collective fear of death", Tom Snare said.

Nancy looked at him with an ironic smile

"And because you don’t believe in God, you’re not afraid of death?"

"No, I have no desire for an eternal life."

"Then what are you afraid of, Tom?"

"I have a touch of acrophobia, a fear of heights. I don’t like climbing high."

"Why is that? What’s the worst that can happen when you climb?"

"I can fall down and die"

"But you’re not afraid of death"

"No, but I don’t want it to happen yet"

4 comments:

  1. I have a theory about falling and Hell. I think that falling for eternity might be a kind of Hell. I'm afraid of both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being afraid of falling is a good. It keps you alive >:)

      Delete
  2. I'm not afraid of death either but like you I'm not ready for it to happen yet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails