April 10, 2015

A-Z Challenge 10: John 3:16

We learnt it by heart in elementary school. The teacher rehearsed  it over and over to make sure we didn’t forget, and I never did. John 3:16. We called it the “Little Bible”.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Ahead of time, it was the Bible made for Twitter, just 130 characters, including punctuation and spaces.

We were even supposed to believe in it because John 3:16 said so. The teacher didn't accept any doubt.  Amen. 

15 comments:

  1. John 3:16 is one I can quote by heart and I didn't even learn it in school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can still quote it too, impossible to forget

      Delete
  2. Rare the school that teaches it.
    And I believe. Which is why I am at peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our schools don't teach it anymore either. The preaching Christianity class from my school days is now replaced by religion class which just teach objectively about all the major religions. I think that's an improvement

      Delete
  3. Twitter predicted in the Bible!

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    A Faraway View

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The almighty God probably knew about Twitter long time before the rest of us >:)

      Delete
    2. Truer words, CA, truer words ;)

      Delete
  4. It does sum up the message pretty well. John's gospel is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, short and precise; almost Hemingway style >:)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. That's what my teacher said too. But even though we weren't allowed any expression of doubt, she couldn't stop me from thinking >:)

      Delete
  6. The Bible made for Twitter--good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. everyone can benefit from a little doubt. personally I'm not much interested in a god that's into blood sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails