May 21, 2010

Black metal at town square


Tonight I was at a black metal concert, at town square. Good music, good beer, with good friends. This is one of the things I really like about the town I live in; outdoor extreme metal concerts, on light summer nights. There were all kinds of people in the audience; hard core headbangers, officially straight people like me, even parents with kids.

The headliner bands were Keep of Kalessin and Mayhem. It was great to hear and see Mayhem live. This is one of the pioneer bands within black metal, founded in the late 80's.

Next week I will turn my blog into a voyage diary, for a couple of weeks. I'm going to the northern seas on a seismic survey.The plans are as follows:
o Monday: I fly up to the town known as the northernmost town in the world, flying Six Flags Airlines the last part of the trip, of course. It's the only airline flying to these remote small-towns in the north,
o Tuesday: Prepatory meeting, with offshore crew and onshore support team.
o Wednesday: A helicopter will take us out to the seismic vessel, which is already en route to the survey area >:)

4 comments:

  1. i saw mayhem a few months ago in berlin and was actually disappointed. it wasn't heavy enough. too much of that fast stuff. and too little blood.
    anyway, where do you live that they have black metal concerts in the town square?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip sounds crazy...lots of great writing material, for sure. Make sure to keep us up-to-date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Metal gives me headache, but it's good that you enjoyed the outing. Have a great trip! Looking forward to reading about it.

    Steamy Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait until you start the posts from voyage diary!

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails