August 17, 2010

Haircut


I cut my hair yesterday. I did it myself, as usual, with one of these electric hair cutters. I always cut it down to 4 millimeters (about 1/8 inch), and my old lady always gets annoyed because it’s too short.

Yesterday, she was mad.

OK, I’ll admit it; I did a small mistake. I was going to cut off a few hairs left behind, and forgot that I had taken off this little plastic thing that regulates the length. So I cut it down to basically zero. But only on a small spot near my forehead.

It was the worst haircut she had ever seen, and she refuses to be seen in public with me for the next four weeks, and she gets embarrassed just by thinking about me giving a presentation on the geophysics conference tomorrow. I laughed, and she said it was all due to my Tourette’s syndrome (she’s convinced I have Tourette, I wrote about it here ).

I tried to get her in a better mood by talking about the new stairs with the nice hand-rail that I’ve built, in front of our main entrance. She said this was the definitive proof of my Tourette, when I brought stairs and hand-rails into a discussion about hair-cuts.

I took a picture so you can judge yourself. It's not that bad, is it? Anyway, I don't care, and hair grows back >:)

10 comments:

  1. OMG! It is only hair! Not your- you know what! I think she cares too much about what others think. Why don't you just piss her off and shave it all off! That is what I would do. Besides you have a very nice shaped head and then it would all grow back evenly. Do it before it gets too cold where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good material for a hot sexy story, cutting or waxing hair.

    Steamy Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracious, you had me laughing. Perhaps you could either even it out or have a hair dresser do it before your talk. Not that I think it looks bad, but that it would make your wife happy. Or...you could have your wife do it and thus follow Enid's advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look fine. But you give me pause. I suggested to my husband that he cut my hair for me and he responded that he'd do it, but with clippers, not scissors.

    We're still negotiating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there. But eventually wifey will allow you to walk behind her twenty paces while in public. Then ten. And finally, side yt side. Four weeks sounds about right.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! My husband cuts his hair himself. He's gotten one of my brothers to cut his own hair, too. They both use the very shortest setting I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do sound like you have T. But as an adult, it shouldn't get any worse, which is great. What the heck. Some people just have ticks because they're nervous. Everybody's got something. I think there's medication you can take, but if it doesn't bug you, who cares?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mer: Don't worry. I just laughed of it. It was a very comic situation, and when I brought in the stairs an hand-rails, it became hilarious >:)

    Enid and Helen: I think a combination of your suggestion would be great. And the talk is done now, no problem. Nobody said anything about my haircut. Either they are too nerdy to notice, or maybe just polite >:)

    Lisa: Thanks. Check out if your husband has any signs of Tourette's before you let him loose with a hair cutter >:)))

    Stepen: Good point, I'll start 20 meters behind, and then work my way up. Anyway, it's no problem. My wife gets mad, says some funny things, and quickly comes back to her normal nice mood >:)

    Anita: I use the shortest setting because I like it. And the length doubles in a week. And thank you for confirming my Tourette, hehe. It doesn't cause me any problems, and I don't bother to do anything about it, not even check out if I really have it. I trust my dear wife, she's usually right >:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Husband is nuts about medical things regarding me. So I'll tell him my neck hurts and he goes and Googles and is convinced I have menangitis. So I always think I'm dying. But aren't we all actually dying anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess you don't have any reasons to worry, Anita. You look very cute and healthy in your picture. But you're right; we're all dying, but not right now I hope. You and I might eventually end up in different places, but I hope there will be a network connection between >:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails