August 31, 2010

Too much work


Right now I have a Hell of a lot of work to do. Basically I have 3 jobs:
1. Doing my old job, exploring for oil in Arctic waters (we're running two (too) big 3D seismic projects, to be completed by next summer).
2. Doing my new job in the research center (planning research projects for next year)
3. Teaching at the university (supervising PhD and MSc students and preparing a course I will teach next semester)
So, if you see that my blog posts get shorter and shorter, and I don't comment on all your great blogs, you know the reason ... but I'll be back >:)

8 comments:

  1. What are "3D" seismic projects? When I think of 3D, I think computer simulations or renderings.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! My busy has nothing on your busy. Hope things calm down sometime for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All work and no play...as if you haven't got enough to do, remember to squeeze in time to stop and smell the proteas (or, at least, stop and smell that cold north country's equivalent to proteas!):)

    Good luck!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen: You're right. We image the subsurface by means of sound waves. First we spend about a year processing the data on big supercomputers to make a 3D image cube. Then we use all kinds of fancy computer rendering to interpret the image, kind of similar to computer games.

    Sheila: It's somewhat hectic in periods, but it will calm down, I hope.

    Judy: I have a fantastic job, and often it's almost like play. That can be part of the problem, too tempting to spend extra time at work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made me even more tired than I was! I hope you have reliable help and that it mellows out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about that, Hart. Next time I'll try to write something to cheer you up >:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that sounds complicated and lots of work. Well, good news is, I like short posts.
    CD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try to make it 1+1+1=1, so that I get a big overlap and do three jobs at the same time >:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails