November 15, 2010

Back on the slopes


The winter has come to Winterland. The ski resorts opened this weekend. There's not much snow yet, but it's possible to ski. For the next five months it will only get better.

Last week I bought new ski boots for little boy, and spent a fortune on ski passes. The good thing about it is that it makes the rest of the season appear very cheap. There's a couple of more investments to be done, new ski boots for older boy (the old boots still fit, but are worn out), and a pair of new giant-slalom skis for little boy, but it's not extremely urgent.

The kids have been looking forward to this for a long time now, and I don't mind some snow myself.

We're back on the slopes. Yeah >:)

7 comments:

  1. I am ashamed to say that I have never been skiing. I've been to a ski resort but never really had the courage to go out there, not even the bunny slope.

    Lovely photo! Everything looks so pristine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! There was a time in my life I adored skiing. I don't think my knees or back would appreciate it anymore, and my tolerance of cold has dwindled, but I remember the adrenaline jump thinking about it. Hope you have a FABULOUS ski season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chary: You should try. It's fun, and the more you ski the better you get. After some practice you feel comfortable on the slopes >:)

    Hart: Thanks. Maybe you get hooked if you try skiing again? This evening I took little boy to alpine practice in our local resort right outside town. Nice to have an excuse to go skiing after work >:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our kids are so wanting to ski...very little snow here, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enid: I like the four seasons, skiing in the winter and beach in the summer ... and sometimes skiing in the summer too >:)

    Anita: Then go skiing with your kids. You have so many great resorts in Colorado. My favorite is Arapahoe Basin. Cool place, and it's only one way down from the mountain, so the kids will always show up on the right parking lot in the end of the day >:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me want to visit Winterland! What a wonderful way for a child to grow up--surrounded by the magic of snow and ice, the fantastic sport that is skiing.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails