November 27, 2010

Office poetry


I had to spend most of this Saturday in the office. What the Hell, I have better things to do, like enjoying the nice (but cold) weather, and writing on my so-called novel.

It wasn't even fun work, just some boring preparation for meetings and travel next week. For a moment of entertainment, I glanced into the blog world, and found this funny game on Colene's blog:

Pile up a few books and see what poetry you get out of the titles.

So, I grabbed a few books from my office bookshelf, and piled them up. I happened to find a couple of novels in my shelf (borrowed by some friends), so I put science and fiction every second. I took a picture with the camera on my cell phone (crap camera). Here's the science-fiction poem that I got:

Supersymmetry and supergravity
A hero of our time
Numerical analysis
On the road
The changing earth

I've seen better poetry, for sure, but at least I got some entertainment in my office boredom >:)

5 comments:

  1. Ha! Love it! Thanks for the shout out! Glad you could have some entertainment in your lame work Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering it's random words from random book titles on a working Saturday, it's actually a rather profound poem!
    Judy(South Africa)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it provided a moment of entertaining diversion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colene: Yes, it was fun diversion. Thank you for bringing this idea to my attention >:)

    Judy: There is obviously not much I need to get some entertainment on a boring weekend in the office. Fortunately my work is more fun most of the time.

    Alex: Different from you, I think this is as close as I will get to writing SciFi. But you never know >:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea! Of course, considering the books you were probably taking these from--it was bound to be profound. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails