April 1, 2014

A-Z Challenge 01: Aftermath

For the first time, I decided to sign up for the A-Z Challenge. Blogging every day is a lot more than I normally do. Also, the Easter holidays are in April this year. Then I will be 10 days in the mountains skiing, with poor internet connections (there’s a couple of places with free WiFi). Therefore, I might need to write ahead from time to time. In an emergency situation I might even re-post a couple of old stories and rants. Don’t tell anyone.

I considered choosing a theme (travel? literature? religion? pizza? heavy metal? ), but decided not to. I will probably do it the way I normally do on this blog. It will be memories, thoughts and rants about whatever comes to my mind. The A-Z Challenge is a nice chance to write about topics that hadn’t come to my mind if I wasn’t challenged to cover the whole English alphabet (our alphabet has another 3 letters).

I might do some experimental writing, and I might write some provocative stuff. Anyway, I write broken English. Sorry about that. It’s just the way it is. This will be my aftermath.

Aftermath is also the name of the heavy-metal shop in my home town. That’s the place where I buy my CDs. I support small and independent local shops, and the long-haired guys behind the counter have great knowledge about heavy metal. They don’t take credit cards. Cash only.

After math is the stuff I do after solving a challenging math problem; go skiing, or drink a dark beer  >:)

10 comments:

  1. Aftermath - cool name for a store.
    Preschedule or repost as needed! No worries. Then you can enjoy your vacation guilt-free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool name and a cool store.

      I'll do my best to keep up with the A-Z challenge

      Delete
  2. The aftermath after solving a really difficult math problem-- partying!!! Hehe.
    I drink beer or treat myself with ice cream as an aftermath!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cream is good too. Both ice cream and beer should be consumed in moderate amounts >:D

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you decided to join us! And to clear up, it was the forty year old memories which SPARKED the cultural differences discussions, which The Swede will carefully monitor for accuracy as I do know a lot has changed.
    I think going without a theme is a great idea for a first time. That's what I did in 2011. Then I figured out I wanted to share my heritage, so that's what I've been doing since.
    Scheduling ahead is a great idea, as is partying after solving a thorny math problem. Don't get many of those these days...but plenty of other problems to solve...
    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find it interesting to talk to emigrants, because they have a memory of our country (and Sweden) frozen in time. My mother's old aunt emigrated to Canada in the 1930s and her image of Scandinavia is from before the war. She even speaks the dialect of the 1930s, which nobody is doing anymore.

      Delete
  4. I can just picture the store :) Good luck with the rest of the AtoZ.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stores like that where the employees are experts are always pretty cool! Great post, sorry I'm late for commenting but I couldn't find my name on the huge sign up list to figure out who I should visit! If you want to and have time, feel free to check out my A post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet the celebratory "aftermath" of finishing this challenge (and you will!) will be a whole lot of fun!! I'm excited to follow your posts through this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails