April 3, 2014

A-Z Challenge 04: Disneyland (and Mekka)

I went to Disneyland with older boy when he was 5. I went to Euro-Disney with little boy about the same age. It’s the pilgrim trips we do with our kids.

Disneyland is Mecca for the kids.

Mecca is Disneyland for the Muslims.

But we can draw Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse without risking our lives.


(The picture above is from my archives, taken in EuroDisney some years ago. Drawings of Mohammed, by a Danish artist, can be seen here. Some of them are very good. On the 20. May 2010 was the “International everybody draw Muhammed day”. I support the initiative. Rationalism will win over stupidity in the end.) 

10 comments:

  1. Oh, the kids love Disney World. They had a blast there. My son loved the roller coasters, especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids love it, but I think one visit is sufficient.

      Delete
  2. Without risking our lives - that's funny.
    I went to Disneyland as a kid and Disney World as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you wanna avoid trouble, draw Donald Duck, not Mohammed.

      I went to Disney World when I was young, to Disneyland with older boy, and to EuroDisney (Paris) with little boy.

      Delete
  3. yah, did Disneyland and Disney World with the kids. as to the rest, you have more faith in humans than I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to always keep an optimistic and positive attitude >:)

      Delete
  4. Disneyland is on our child's wish list too! Hope we get to visit it soon :)
    Hope you are having a great time reading, writing and connecting with fellow A to Zers CA Heaven :)

    Shilpa Garg
    Co-Host AJ's wHooligan for the A to Z Challenge 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every kid needs to go to Disneyland once >:)

      Delete
  5. My boys have never had any interest whatsoever in visiting anything Disney related, and I'll be eternally grateful...I went as a kid and was just overwhelmed. I was 9.
    International draw Mohammed Day? That's a new one for me...
    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can accept going to Disney about onece every 10 years, but not more.

      The correct name of the event was "Everybody Dra Mohammed Day". The purpose was to spread thousans f drawing on the Internet to create an uncountable number of fatwa targets and thereby protecting the profiled cartoon drawers drawers and freedom of speech. Check out the Wikipedia page

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails