April 11, 2014

A-Z Challenge 10: Jerusalem (and Hollywood)


Jerusalem gave us the Abrahamic religions; Christianity, Islam and Judaism. The true God came to a church or synagogue or mosque near you.

Jerusalem is where Jesus was crucified and resurrected on the third day, and where Mohammed ascended. 

Hollywood gave us superheroes, men (and some women) with supernatural powers. Hollywood is where Superman, Batman, and Spiderman were brought to life, and came to theatre near you.

Hollywood is the Jerusalem of superheroes.

Jerusalem is the Hollywood of the Gods.

Hollywood is still a rather peaceful place. The fans of Superman, Batman and Spiderman don’t kill each other.

6 comments:

  1. I would love to go to Jerusalem one day. :)

    "Jerusalem is the Hollywood of the Gods." Very well put!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to Jerusalem would be extremely interesting, I agree. I hope I will do sometime

      Delete
  2. I would never have thought to link the two in the same breath, so this is an interesting perspective. I lived in Jerusalem for a while, and it's such a rich, fascinating, intense place.

    (Saying hello from www.writeonsisters.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lived in Jerusalem! Cool. Maybe you can write a bligpost about it?

      Delete
  3. Love this analogy!! (And I consider myself a Christian...though not a traditional one.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christians come in many varieties. In school we learnt it the protestant way, Martin Luther's theses and that kind if stuff. I basically ended up rejecting all religions >:)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails