April 7, 2014

A-Z Challenge 06: Freeskiing

I've been out traveling for 3 days. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to read nor write much on my blog. My posts for day 4 and 5 were prewritten, and just posted on the right day.

I've up in the mountains with my two boys for a freeskiing competition.  So it's a perfect match that the letter for to day is F.

You might have seen it freeskiing in the recent olympics. Slopestyle (on twin-tip skis) was on the olympic program for the first time in Sochi. It's all about jumping big jumps, and making flips and tricks in the air.

Freeskiing (or newschool freestyle) is one of the fastest growing sports, in particular among teenage boys. My sons are both totally brainwashed by this sport. For them it's the meaning of life. It gives them plenty of physical challenges and adrenaline kicks. They both have 100+ days on skis every winter.

The saddest time of the year is when spring comes and the snow extincts.


(The picture above was taken by a professional photographer this weekend. It shows older boy flying high in the big jump competition. If you wanna see what the live action looks like, check out this video, showing older boy and one of his buddies in the Austrian Alps two weeks ago.
)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. Know you'll have a great day with your sons. I'd never have the balance to try something like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the guts to do this, I'm too old. I just watch the kids, which is fun >:)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's really impressive! My boys both snowboard, but no tricks yet. They started late...finances...
    Pappa berättade on surströmming, men det var inte plats att skriva om det. Han sa att man måste komma till kalaset INNAN dom öppnade den, annars var det inte så kul ;-)
    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tricks will come. It's just a question of practise

      Delete
  3. I liked its inclusion in the Olympics. Fun and fast paced. Hopefully they keep it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cool to watch the slopestyle finals in the Olympics. I hope that making freeskiing an Olympic sport doesn't take away the fun and informal style.

      Delete
  4. Wow! I'm just too chicken to do that, and too clumsy. I'd fall and break an arm or a leg. Great post, and hope you had fun! Thanks for stopping by my F post earlier.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails