April 26, 2014

A-Z Challenge 23: Window or aisle

Window or aisle? That's the question, because nobody wants the center seat on the air plane.

You know that claustrofobic feeling of sitting in the center seat, squeezed between to big fat guys. The silent war for the armrest is going on all the time. When the food is served, you can hardly move the fork and knife in order to eat it.

So, window or aisle, that's the attractive options. What do you choose?

Many of my colleagues, and most business travelers, I think, go for the aisle seat. Then you can easily get to the toilet, and you get quickly out of the plane on arrival.

I always choose a window seat (it's in my profile at the travel agency). I want to sit in the window seat, because I like to see where we're going, in particular on international flights.

Just think about the awesome views you can get from the window seat; the ice bergs on the southern tip of Greenland, a huge flock of  reindeers on the Kola Peninsula, Manhattan and Central Park, the mighty Rocky Mountains, the dry mountains of Iran, and meandering rivers on the Russian plains >:)


(I have the habit of taking pictures from planes. The example above is over western Russia, on the way to Moscow.)

4 comments:

  1. I am not crazy about flying, so I always aim for the aisle. Besides, it does give you an edge in getting off the plane faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting off the plane faster is my friends' mantra too when they advocate aisle seats

      Delete
  2. I do the same as you - I want a window seat and I want to take pictures, so I don't want to sit right above the wing. I don't mind being last off either; less crush and stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to avoid the wing too. I sit in the front in the big jets, and in the back of smaller propeller planes where it's less noisy. Usually I don't care if I'm last off, in particular if I have to wait for baggage anyway >:)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails